Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Generic Asian Chicken

Day 70: Recipe 19

The 'generic' in the title should not be interpreted to mean that it tastes bland - just that I can't place the region of Asia that this particular taste comes from. It's a good taste, though.

I've actually made this recipe before, but I used breast meat, and while we thought it was good, we thought it was really garlicy (yes, even I thought something was too garlicy) so I used thigh meat (as suggested) and modified the recipe a bit this time around. Good call!

Asian Chicken (modified from A Year of Crockpotting)
makes 6 chicken thighs

6 chicken thighs (I used boneless)
1 1/2 Tbl soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbl fish sauce
1 1/2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 tbs fresh minced ginger
1 Tbl canola oil

Put the thighs in the crockpot.

Dump everything else in a bowl and mix it well, then pour it over the chicken.

Cook it on low for about 6 hours, or on high for about 3-4.

Eat!

Survey Says
Will kept on repeating how much he liked it and how it was totally better than last time, so it's safe to say that he's a fan. I really enjoyed it too, but again, I could have used a bit stronger taste. Maybe I have a cold or something that's affecting my sense of taste?

Definitely making it again, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment