Monday, March 9, 2009

Manouche Zatar

Day 68: Recipe 17

This is probably stretching whether or not it counts as a recipe, but I'm behind, so we're going to count it anyways.

Okay, so tonight I was craving something snacky, and over the weekend I'd wandered into a World Market and come across zatar spice mix and decided to buy it on a whim. I wasn't sure how, but I wanted to figure out how to throw together some manouche zatar, which is a bread thingie I grew up with.

We have some frozen Rhodes bread rolls because I discovered over Christmas that my husband is totally in love with them, so I decided to throw the two together and make me some manouche!

It should be noted that these are a lot smaller than they look in the picture - they're about 3-4 inches across.

Manouche Zatar


Manouche Zatar

frozen Rhodes bread roll
zatar spice mix
olive oil

Let the bread roll rise. This is the most frustrating part, because it takes the most time. There has to be an easier way to do this.

Roll out the roll into a little circle once it's defrosted and risen.

Mix the spice mix and the olive oil together, and then drizzle it on the bread.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes (but watch it, in case it overcooks).

Eat!

Survey Says
It tasted really good, but there has to be a better way of doing the dough. This was a spur of the moment decision, though, so I didn't really research it.

Will liked it too. Mine was heavy on the zatar, and I thought it was perfect, his was light on the zatar, and he thought his was perfect.

I'm so glad I thought of the rolls and figured out how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment