Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Veggie Taco Chili Soup Thing

Day 69: Recipe 18

I should probably stop making crock pot recipes and save them for a week that I really need them, but this is mainly just to get me back into the swing of cooking - next week I'll actually cook some stuff.

The official name of this recipe is "Taco Soup" but it's really more of a chili than a soup. At least mine did. Still good, though!

Taco Chili/Soup (from A Year of Crockpotting)
makes 3-4 quarts

2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomatoes and chilies
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
shredded cheese and sour cream

optional:
1 lb browned ground meat (turkey or beef)

This recipe is an example of why I love the crockpot.

Drain and rinse the beans, then dump them in the crockpot.

Dump both cans of corn and both cans of tomatoes into the crockpot - the whole can, including the juices.

Dump the to packets of seasoning into the crockpot.

Dump the meat into the crockpot (if you're using it).

Stir.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5.

Serve, add cheese and sour cream to taste, and eat.

I told you it was easy!

Survey says...
It was good. However, I'm starting to think that I may have lost a few tastebuds, because I think it probably could have used another packet of taco seasoning. We went meatless because the turkey wasn't defrosted before I left for work, and I didn't feel like messing with defrosting it and then browning it, but Will still ate it, which is a pretty big deal because he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy. (Oh, and two years ago he wouldn't touch beans with a 10 foot poll!)

Will ate his whole bowl, seconds, and half of my seconds (because I got full). And took it in for lunch today. So my guess is that he liked it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment