Monday, March 9, 2009

Cream Cheese Chicken

Day 68: Recipe 16

Just to let you know, there is no way to make this food look appetizing in a picture. It's very pale and looks kind of like mush. That is why there's no picture.

That should not, however, be taken to mean that it doesn't actually taste appetizing.

I was really skeptical about this recipe when I saw it for the first time because I couldn't really tell how all the flavors worked together. But I kept reading everywhere and it appears it's the classic easy crock pot recipe that everyone loves, so I figured I had to try it.

Cream Cheese Chicken from A Year of Crockpotting
makes enough for 2-3 adults

2 cups homemade cream of mushroom soup*
3 frozen chicken breasts
1 packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix
2 cloves of minced garlic
block of cream cheese (to add later)

*if you don't have homemade soup, you can just get a can of it, and then 2 cups of chicken broth

Put the chicken in the crock pot.

Dump the mix, garlic, and soup on top.

Cook for 6 hours on low.

(I love the crock pot)

Shred the chicken with a fork, and dump in the cream cheese.

Cook for another 30 minutes on high.

Serve over rice or pasta.

Survey Says
I liked, it but I thought that it needed more flavoring. Maybe two dressing packets next time?

Will thought it was good, but that it lacked texture. I'm going to try it again with more flavoring (maybe use the flavorings that are included in the "homemade" version of the recipe I linked?), and a pasta that has some texture (like farfale or rotini).

No comments:

Post a Comment