Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Post!

Towards the end of 2008, I started cooking regularly, and realized how much I really missed it! However, I'm really good at getting all excited about things, but then not following through. I came across A Year of Crockpotting in late December, where a woman made a crockpot recipe every day for a year and blogged about it in order to keep herself accountable to her resolution, so I decided to do something like that!

It should be noted that 365 recipes means 365 unique recipes, but does not mean a recipe a day. My job takes up a lot of time so I can't cook fresh every day, and my husband and I also like to eat out. Pair that along with the vacations I plan on taking in 2009, and that means there are going to be a bunch of days that I'm not going to cook. So 365 recipes means just that - 365 recipes in one year. If for dinner I try out a new marinade for steak and a new mashed potato recipe, that's two recipes, freeing me up to skip a day.

The recipes will likely not be complex (at first, at least) and will probably be from various magazines, websites, and friends and family members. Oh, and cookbooks. I have about a billion cookbooks. If you're a cooking snob you'll probably be bored or maybe even a bit offended by what I'm cooking because, yes, even Rachel Ray has a spot among my cookbooks.

Knowing myself and my habit to procrastinate, it's quite possible that this blog will lie dormant for a week or two, and then I'll realize it and make a 10 course meal. Or, it may lie dormant for a week or two, and then I realize and ignore it on purpose because I'm so embarrassed.

But this is the first post, and we'll see where it goes! Now I should probably figure out what I'm cooking for dinner, so that I start this out on the right foot...

No comments:

Post a Comment