Thursday, April 16, 2009

Muffins!

Day 106: Recipe 22

Breakfast and I don't do so well. I don't like waking up early, and my tummy is usually grumbly first thing in the morning. So I usually go without which apparently is, like, bad for you and stuff. So I'm trying to make grab and go breakfasts, and my first attempt is this recipe, which I found by randomly googling.

When I was growing up, my dad was always telling me to eat roughage, and trying to get me to eat Fiber One, I thought it was gross, and would have much rather just had something chocolate for breakfast.

This way I get both!

Fiber One Muffins


Fiber One Chocolate Chip Muffins (from Sparkpeople)
makes about 20

1 cup Fiber One cereal
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cgg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup milk

In one bowl, mix up all the dry stuff, including the chocolate chips. In another, mix up all the wet stuff.

Add the wet stuff to the dry stuff and mix it up.

Line muffin tins with paper cups, or oil them, and then put the mix into the cups.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.

Chow down.

Survey says...
Well, they're made with fiber one, so they're not the yummiest thing in the world, but they're filling and the chocolate helps.

Okay, I have a really stupid question - are you supposed to crush the cereal? Because we didn't, but I'm thinking we were supposed to. But then that would have mean we needed more cereal. So I dunno.

Will doesn't like chocolate chips (crazy, right?) so I made some without the chips for him, and he thought they were bland. But, I mean, that's what happens when you leave out the crucial chocolate part!

Might mess around with these muffins some.

No comments:

Post a Comment