Sunday, April 19, 2009

Breakfast!

Day 109: Recipe 24

Today I cooked 2 meals! Does it count if they're both breakfast? Sometimes I get lazy and cook breakfast for dinner.

I have been making this recipe for approximately 17 years. That makes me feel old.

French Toast


French Toast
makes 3-4 pieces

1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
bread (stale bread is better for this recipe)
butter

Warm up a pan over medium heat. Mix up the egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.

Melt a bit of butter in the pan. Quickly dip the bread in the bowl, both sides, and put in the pan.

Let it cook for a minute or two, then flip it and cook the other side.

Repeat.

Eat!

Survey says...
When I was single, I ate this standing, while cooking, so that it would still be hot. I made Will eat it that way tonight, and I think he thought it was ridiculous, but whatever, I thought it was good.

My hand slipped and I added a little too much vanilla today, so aside from having to eat standing up, 'less vanilla' was Will's only real feedback.

Yummm, breakfast for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment