Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 44 - That was disgusting(ly good)

Day 44: Recipe 10 (darn!)

In an effort to show my face more around my building in a way that my students will like, I have come up with a new program, which I have dubbed "Happy [blank]! Have a [blank]!" Previous programs held were "Happy Thursday! Have some candy!" and "Happy Wednesday! Have a cookie!" Today I did the newest one - "Happy Friday! Have a cupcake!"

The cupcakes came from a box, and the frosting was going to come from a package as well, but then I decided that I needed to update this thing, so I made it from scratch. It was disgusting(ly good). The amounts below really are correct, which is part of why my husband will not get to see this - it's totally out of his diet, and he'd hate me.

Cream Cheese Frosting
makes way too much

1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
1 lb butter, room temperature
2 lbs confectioners sugar
1 tbsp vanilla

Cream the cream cheese and the butter together until they're mixed. Then add the confectioners sugar little by little until it's well incorporated. Then add the vanilla. Then beat it like crazy until it's nice and fluffy.

DONE!

Survey says
The students loved it. So did the coworkers. So did I. So I say it's a keeper. But did you really expect anything different with an ingredients list like that? I'd encourage you to half it, though, because it was way too much. I had 96 mini cupcakes, and there's over half of it left.

In the mean time, anyone have a suggestion of what to do with 2 lbs of cream cheese frosting?

1 comment: