Thursday, January 8, 2009

Breakfast Casserole - Success!

Day 8: Recipe 7

I cooked breakfast for my staff for the first time EVER! I'm totally in love with my crock pot.

Breakfast Casserole (mostly from A Year of Crockpotting)
serves a bunch - 10+

30 oz package of plain frozen hash browns
4 breakfast sausages, cooked (we used veggie)
1/2 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, dice
2 cups shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

Dump the hash browns in the crockpot. Make sure it's all broken up and spread out evenly.

Cut up the sausages. In a seperate bowl, mix the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, cheese, sausage, and veggies. Dump it on top of the hash browns.

Cover it, and cook on low for about 8 hours. It's done when the edges start to pull away a bit.

365recipes 097

Survey says...
The husband and my RAs really liked it! I enjoyed it, but wish I had some salsa to eat it with, because I love salsa on my eggs.

I want to try it again with bacon. If my husband liked tomatoes and mushrooms I'd want to add them too. It's kind of a really thick omelette with potatoes.

Basically, it was good, but I think it'd be awesome with salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment